July 30th, 2014
If your home does not have ductwork you might think or have been told that installing a central home air conditioner was not an option to you. That was a correct assumption not too long ago, when there weren’t effective systems that could be installed in houses with either forced hot water heating or completely electric heating systems. However, new systems called Ductless Air Conditioners have been brought to the market and you can now have cool, comfortable central air no matter how your home is currently heated and whether or not you have existing ductwork.
Ductless Air Conditioning units are energy efficient, whisper silent systems that can cover your entire homes while being zoned with multiple thermostats so you can control the temperature in different rooms of your house. Here are some other advantages to them:
- SMALL SIZE: one of the advantages to these systems is there small size. The small (one to three-inch) holes where the cool air will be delivered can be located high on your walls, low to the ground, or anywhere in between. The rest of the ductless air conditioner system is smaller than a conventional furnace and can be installed in a crawl space or basement. There are no visible features in your rooms except the small holes where the cool air flows.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Though these systems still need to be installed by a professionally licensed technician, the installer only has to drill small 3 inch holes in your walls for air tubing as compared to have to install whole ducts.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Traditional duct work, especially if they run through hot attics and crawl spaces, naturally loose energy while the cool air travels through them. These systems naturally save energy due to their size and type of tubing used.
- EASY ON THE EYES: These systems are more aesthetically pleasing then other types of air cooling systems, such as window air units, or bulky electric units. As well they provide more safety and security – imagine how easy it can be for someone to push or remove a window air conditioning unit and get into your home.
- RETURN ON INVESTMENT: Having central air in a home always helps to increase the overall value of resale.
So the next time you are carrying that bulky window box unit up a flight of stairs, entering a hot room where the current cooling system cannot reach, or looking at an electric bill that seems too high, think about the fact that you could have comfortable and quiet whole home ductless air conditioning.